RATIONALE DESIGN MEASURES TO ENSURE THE RELIABILITY OF HIGH-RISE BUILDINGS IN PROGRESSIVE COLLAPSE
The results of studies on the justification of design solutions ensure reliable designs at
progressive collapse were presented. Analysis of the stress-strain state of the structures was
performed using software package «Lira 9.6». The most effective amount of stiffening
diaphragms to ensure the reliability of the building was determined. The features of the
impact on the reliability of the floor structure of the building was determined. The results of
evaluation of the stability of columns of different types to explosive impact were presented.
Keywords: progressive collapse, reliability, reinforced concrete structures, composite
structures, columns, diaphragm stiffness, finite element method.
transfer, Concrete international, 2011.
2. Belov N.N. Calculation of reinforced concrete structures on the blast and shock / N.N.
Belov, D.G. Kopanitsa – Northampton – Tomsk: STT. – 2004. – 465 p.
3. Belov N.N. Strength calculation models of steel encased concrete columns on multiple
longitudinal blow. Herald TGASU. – 2009. – № 4. – P. 10.
4. Best Practices for Reducing the Potential for Progressive Collapse in Buildings / Bruce R.
Ellingwood, Robert Smilowitz, Donald O. Dusenberry, Dat Duthinh, H.S. Lew, & Nicholas J.
Carino (National Institute of Standards and Technology – 2007).
5. Cai S.H. Ultimate strength of concrete-filled tube columns, Composite construction in steel
and concrete. New Hampshire, June 1987, ASCE. – PP. 702 – 727.
6. Comité Européen de Normalisation, (2002), Draft prEN 1992-1-1: July 2002, Eurocode 2.
Design of concrete structures Part 1: General rules and rules for buildings, Brussels.
7. David Drengenberg, Gene Corley. Evolution of building code requirements in a post 9/11
world, CTBUH journal issue III, 2011.
8. Gorodetsky A., Evzerov I. Computer models of structures. – Kiev «Aakt», 2005.
9. Han-Soo Kim, Jae-Gyun Ahn, Hao-Seung Ahn. Numerical simulation of progressive
Collapse for a reinforced concrete building. World academy of science Engineering and
technology 76, Beijing 2013.
10. Kikin A.I. Design of steel tubes filled with concrete / A.I. Kikin, R.A. Sanzharovsky,
V.A. Troole. – Moscow: Stroyizdat, 1974. – 145 p.
11. Krishan A.L. Determination of the breaking load of compressed concrete filled steel tube
elements / A.L. Krishan, A. Zaikin, M.S. Kupfer. – Concrete and reinforced concrete. –
2009. – № 2.
12. Loskytov I. Ribbed slabs and progressive collapse / I. Loskytov, D. Glotkov, O. Kantyr.
13. Manual on demolition work [Text]/ ed. V.F. Mashevsky, T.F. Myasnikov. – 5th ed. –
Moscow: Military Publishing House of Defense ministry of the USSR, 1959. – 464 p.
14. Mіnregіonbud of Ukraine, DBN В.2.2-24 2009 «Design of high-rise residential and
administrative buildings». – Kyiv, 2006.
15. Nesterovich A.P. Strength of compressed concrete filled steel tube elements with a
diameter of 500 mm or more in axial compression: Diss... Candidate . tech. Science. – M.,
1987. – 236 p.
16. Progressive Collapse Analysis and Design Guidelines for New Federal Office Buildings
and Major Modernization Projects, David N., S.E. & Mahmoud Kamara, (Portland Cement
17. Rastorgouev B.S. Deformation of floor construction of frame buildings after the sudden
destruction of one column / B.S. Rastorgouev, K.N. Mutoka // Earthquake engineering.
Security structures. – 2006. – № 1. – P. 12-15.
18. Review of international research on structural robustness and disproportionate collapse,
Department for Communities and Local Government, London DCLG Publications, 2011.
19. Sanzharovsky R.S. Theory and calculation of the strength and stability of structural
elements of steel tubes filled with concrete. – Moscow, 1977. – 453 p.
20. Storozenko L.I. Composite structures / L.I. Storozenko, A. Semko, V.I. Efymenko. – Kyiv:
The fourth Hvilya, 1997.
21. Storozenko L.I. Comparison of methods for calculating the compressed concrete filled
steel tube structures / L.I. Storozenko, A. Semko // Public hazyaystvo cities. – 2005.
22. Technical recommendations for risk analysis of terrorist attacks and zoning of high-rise
and unique objects, designed by the Moscow Research Institute of Construction – TR 204-09.
– Moscow, 2009.
23. Tihonov I.N., Reinforcement detailing of monolithic reinforced concrete buildings.
Manual of engineering. FSUE «SRC» Construction». – Moscow: 2007. – 169 p.
24. Xinzheny Lu. Application of fiber model for progressive collapse analysis of reinforced
concrete frame / Lu Xinzheny , Yi Li, Ye Lieping, Yi Liang. – InCiTe Beijing, 2008.